- Sign up with the chapter and receive a strip of wool 3″ x 18″ provided by the chapter
- Use the majority of the wool – AS IS – no over dyeing
- Use cut of your choice
- May use embellishments of your choice
- Use a pattern of your choice – original, adaptation or commercial design
- Bring finished mat to upcoming meetings for a chance at a special door prize
- Bring finished mat for display at the April 2011 meeting and be entered into the contest for the completed mats
This challenge is not a swap. Your mats may be of any size and theme. You just need to include the provided wool within your hooking.
It was fun to see how everyone used the wool. Completed challenge mats were displayed at the Cumberland Fair.
Faith Websters’ – the cat that is on the photo album won in 3 categories:
- favorite “out of the box idea”
- overall creativity
- People’s Choice
Marion Gallant – sheep w/ the fall theme – won for most subtle use of challenge wool
Alitza Wildes – rooster w/ the proddy sunflowers -won for favorite mixed media