|This collage generated with Smilebox|
As a rug hooker who has never hooked a purchased pattern, focuses on geometrics and loves colors in a scrappy look, below are some bits and pieces from Michele’s talk that caught my attention:
- light comes forward, dark goes back
- exception – pathway will get lighter as moves away
- distance steals color clarity
- Almost never the color. It’s the contrast
- Drawing is learned skill, so practice, practice, practice.
Would love to hear how other members took inspiration for possible future pieces from what was presented.