The weather might have keep some from joining us, but those present enjoyed this day of friendship and want to pass along greetings for a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!
Our annual December Holiday meeting meant homemade soups and desserts enjoyed by all. We have some very talented cooks within our group.
But before we ate, we had a business meeting about the program ideas for Spring 2018 (which you’ll see outlined below) and played Wool BINGO. A big thank you for the members from the York area that pulled all the prize bags together. The total surprise of the bags added another fun element this year. Whether rolls of wool or also surprise pin, we all appreciated our prizes. Yes, we got to play through twice.
Ok, now for the Business News:
Let’s start with the need for members to step up and take a leadership role. Please consider volunteering!!!! Participation by everyone makes a fun and exciting group!!! Cheri will be asking for a nominating committee to choose officers for the 2018-2020 years. We are also going to need a coordinator for the Cumberland County Fair if we are going to continue our participation.
Spring, 2018 Tin Pedlar Program Schedule (Schedule Correction made 1/2/18 * for Jan ’18 and Feb ’18 meetings)
- Saturday, January 13 OPEN HOOKING
- Saturday, February 10 MAKE AND TAKE Cheri Nixon and Lauri Troutman (remember to set aside and bring in unwanted wool for the auction)
- Saturday, March 10 THE FABULOUS TIN PEDLAR AUCTION!!
- Saturday, April 14 Guest speaker KATHY SPELLACY, Wool and Goods, Subject: finishing rugs and hangings.
- Saturday, May 12 Guest speaker, DOUG RANKIN; Subject: Canadian Folk Artist, Maude Lewis. Doug will bringing many of her patterns with availability to purchase. If anyone wants a particular Lewis pattern, Doug is happy to bring it, but you need to let Faith know before the May meeting. (you can also reply as a comment to this post and Faith will get it)
May will be our last meeting for the 2017/18 year.
A bit of inspiration! Just some of the creative work happening at the meeting.
Reminder: Saturday, January 27 is the Eliot hook-in